----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear colleagues, I am pleased to announce that D. Vanessa Kam is the recipient of the 4th Kress Fellowship in Art Librarianship. Ms. Kam is committed to a career in visual resources curatorship. Ms. Kam has a BA with an individual concentration in Arts Administration (cum laude) from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Her specialization as a scholar, and the topic of her MA thesis in the history of art (University of Texas at Austin, 1996), is contemporary art from Latin America and the Caribbean. After completing her MA degree, Ms. Kam was awarded a Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship in Humanities in 1997, which included a nine-month residency at the Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art (formerly known as the Archer M. Huntington Art Gallery) at UT Austin. Ms. Kam subsequently enrolled in the Masters Program in Library and Information Science at UT Austin; she graduated this month with an MLS. Ms. Kam's library school studies have focused on archival enterprises, reflecting her interest in examining how the theory and practice of archival approaches to visual collections relates to the approaches found in museum settings. While in library school, Ms. Kam worked as a student assistant in the UTA Slide Library, and for the past year has worked with our wonderful colleagues at the UTA Architecture and Planning Library. We are enormously pleased to welcome Vanessa Kam to Yale, where she will be in residence from late January through the beginning of September. She looks forward to meeting her colleagues in the region and across the nation. And we hope you will join us in welcoming her to the area and to the profession. Thank you. Max Marmor, head Arts Library Yale __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]