Many members of the ARLIS/NY Chapter were at the memorial service on
Friday. It was a very touching tribute to Celine and revealed new aspects
of her charming, yet mysterious, personality.

Celine was an important member of the NY chapter, having served as our
Treasurer for ca. 15 years! The ARLIS/NY Chapter will be considering ways
to honor Celine's memory. One suggestion is to rename the ARLIS/NY Travel
Award for her, since we heard at the memorial service of her great love of
travel. Please let me know if you have other suggestions.

In a very odd, six-degrees of separation twist,I found out over the
weekend that Celine died in my best friend Kate's arms. She is a night
oncology nurse at St. Vincent's Cancer Care clinic where Celine was
receiving treatment and was on duty when Celine took a turn for the worse
and passed away.  Kate is a very caring, compassionate nurse who went into
the field after losing her husband 10 years ago- I'm sure she  made
Celine's last moments very special.

Ted Goodman, Chair
ARLIS/NY