While at the ARLIS/SE conference in Atlanta, Moira Steven (Atlanta College
of Art) and I had a great discussion about artists' books.  (Their
collection is wonderful, by the way.)

This has led me to wonder about the size of artists' book collections in
universities and museums (and perhaps even private collections) throughout
the United States.  Atlanta College of Art has a large number, and I know
MoMA has an extensive collection.  But what are the exact numbers?  As some
of you know, our library at FAU is receiving a collection and I'm curious
to see how it compares to the holdings of other collections in the US (and
internationally?...).

Would those of you out there with substantial artists' book collections
(above 1000) be willing to share the number of holdings with me?  If you
don't want to send the information on the listserv, then email me privately
- [log in to unmask]  Since someone (e.g. director) might want to know who
the other institutions are, please let me know in advance if you don't want
me to reveal your information.  Exact number of holdings isn't necessary -
an approximation will do.  Thanks in advance.

Roberto

Roberto C. Ferrari
Arts & Humanities Reference Librarian
Florida Atlantic University