----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Seasons Greetings Colleagues! Just a few items of note/interest to end the year. The Annual Report for the Division is due Jan. 1. If anyone has anything they would like to include please let me know. I will be at work through Wednesday Dec. 22, then on vacation until Monday Jan. 3. I can be reached via e-mail: work: [log in to unmask] home: [log in to unmask] Quicker than we can imagine we will all be convening in Pittsburgh for the annual conference. The Public Library Division is sponsoring/co-sponsoring several sessions as follows: Sunday, 3:45-5:15, Ask Arlis 3, "Access to Access: Library Building Accessibility" Monday, 3-4:30, Ask Arlis 5, "From Collaboration to Consortia: Developing Partnerships" Monday, 4:30-6, Session 10, "Wrought of Steel and Philanthropy: the Forging of Andrew Carnegie's Cultural Legacy" There is a Division business meeting scheduled Saturday 9-10:30. Our Discussion group is scheduled to meet Sunday 4-5, but this conflicts with the "Access to Access" session and it would be wonderful if we could attend that session to give input on accessibility in our respective public libraries. Perhaps we could find another time for discussion. Ideas for sessions at the Los Angeles conference would be welcome at the Business or Discussion meetings. As always, I would love to hear from my Division colleagues anytime. Warmest wishes for a joyous holiday season and a Happy New Year/Millenium! I look forward to seeing everyone in Pittsburgh. Sincerely, Jeffrey Stephens Moderator/Update Column Editor Public Library Division ARLIS/NA Jeffrey Stephens Fine Arts Division Queens Borough Public Library 89-11 Merrick Boulevard Jamaica, NY 11432 __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner at: [log in to unmask]