Dear ARLIS/NA Members, Colleagues, and Friends,

As we move closer to the Holiday break, I want to wish you a safe, healthy
& happy holiday. I hope everyone is able to take some time away from work
to rest and revitalize.

I would like to thank all of the Society leaders who have worked so hard in
1999 to make ARLIS/NA the effective organization it is.  I'd like to
especially thank the Strategic Planning Task Force for their tireless
efforts in working on a new plan for 2000!  The Conference Planning
Committee should also be recognized--they have been working hard for an
entire year now and gearing up for the last two months of planning for the
Pittsburgh conference.  Thanks to all of our Editors who have provided us
with excellent publications throughout the year.  Congratulations to the
Committee Chairs, the Division, Section, and Round Table leaders, the
Chapter Chairs and Special Appointments who have accomplished so much
during the past year.

The Society has numerous supporters and sponsors who help us in numerous
ways!  Thank you to the many publishers, booksellers and friends who
consistently support ARLIS/NA!

Hearty thanks to Mary Molinaro for overseeing our lifeline, ARLIS-L, and to
all of the members who participate on the listserv--and regularly ask good
questions and share invaluable expertise!  Thanks to all of our affiliated
members who also share information and work with us to effect positive
changes in the profession--ARLIS/Australia & New Zealand, ARLIS/Norden &
Norge, ARLIS/UK & Ireland, Visual Resources Association, American Library
Association, Association of Architecture School Librarians, College Art
Association, Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Kunst- und Museumsbibliotheken,
Association des Bibliothecaires Francais/Sous-section des Bibliotheques
d'art, and the Japan Art Documentation Society.

I would like to congratulate our Headquarters staff who has been managing
us for six months now and really working hard to learn about our
complexities and "who we are."

Last, but not least, I am indebted to my Executive Board--Lou Adrean, Peter
Blank, Kitty Chibnik, Lorna Corbetta-Noyes, Mary Graham, Debbie Kempe, Pat
Lynagh, and Karen McKenzie who govern the Society and make certain its
mission is being carried out.

ARLIS/NA would not exist without all of you!

Happy New Year !

Kathryn Wayne
ARLIS/NA President