Hello colleagues!
I have a patron who is seeking info on an artist whose sig. on an oil
painting with a Southwestern landscape theme looks pretty clearly like "H.
Mondrian".  In our telephone reference interview, my Dallas-based patron
tells me that the painting was purchased by a couple travelling through
Denver and Tucson, I believe,  40-50 yrs ago, and that the artist may be
American, and is not related to Piet Mondrian.  She has called museums in
Denver, Tucson, and Dallas to see if anyone knows anything, and I checked
Benezit, Thieme-Becker, Vollmer, Grove D. of Art, Artists Biog. Master
Index, WW in Am. Art, auction resources such as ArtNet, SCIPIO, ArtFact
website (I couldn't log in yesterday due to their software "upgrade"),
Artists of the American West, Castagno and Falk for signatures...  maybe
someone has vertical files that mention such an artist?

Reply to the list if you think necessary, or just to me... Thanks!

--SHAWN (now the Systems Librarian here at the Watson!)
Shawn Steidinger, Systems Librarian     Ph. (212)650-2438
Thomas J. Watson Library                 -or (212)570-3935
Metropolitan Museum of Art              Fax (212)570-3847
1000 Fifth Ave.                         E-mail: [log in to unmask]
New York, NY 10028