Apparently my earlier posting cause some confusion re the ARLIS/Canada
representative.

 This is NOT THE SAME as the Canadian representative on the ARLIS/NA
executive. That position is currently held by Marilyn Berger, and is
elected by all ARLIS/NA members.

To clarify:
  ARLIS/Canada is a separate chapter (see p. xxiii of the ARLIS/NA
Handbook).  There are representatives on the board from Canadian regions
and chapters (or chapters with a Canadian geographic component).  For the
NW Chapter, this is *usually* the past president, if that person is a
Canadian.

  The ARLIS handbook lists Ken Chamberlain as the current NW Chapter rep.
to ARLIS/Canada on p. xxiv and has me listed as the NW Chapter rep. on p.
xxiii.  In fact, I'll take over in Jan. 2000, when I step down as NW
Chapter Chair.

 I apologize for any confusion caused by my announcement, particularly
given the current ARLIS/NA executive election.
Carole Goldsmith                        Tel: (604) 291-3268
Reference Division                      Fax: (604) 291-3023
Bennett Library                         Email:  [log in to unmask]
Simon Fraser University                             OR
Burnaby, BC, CANADA                     [log in to unmask]
V5A 1S6