------------------
Thank you Candida, Robin, Jane, Dan, Hans, Paulo, Roberto ...

Once againg the people on these lists have let me - or rather one of our
patrons - benefit from your knowledge=21 The lists make working in a library
even more exciting=21

I thought perhaps some of you would be interested in a short summary of the
suggestions I received?

(For those who do not remember: the query was about architecture designed
with a two dimensional work of art as the starting point).

These are some of the suggestions we have received:

1. Coop Himmelblau - their work often start with a spontaneous two
dimensional drawing
2. The influence of Piet Mondrian's paintings on Rietveld (Schr=F6der House)
and other modernists
3. Peter Eisenman
4. Will Alsop - who uses his own paintings to illustrate concepts
5. Tatlin and other earlier Soviet architects
6. Catherine Feff who recreated the Stadtschloss in Berlin with a full scale
painting
7. Kurt Scwitter's Merz Haus (most interesting, as our patron has chosen a
Schwitter's painting for her project=21)
8. The book =22Cubist architecture=22
9. Emilio Terry and the surrealists
10. Frank Gehry - in several connections
and
11. Vitruvius - and the way he was inspired by his kids' drawings

Thank you once more. I am so impressed, and have learnt som much=21=21

Greetings from Norway, - still without snow=21

Ms. Kjersti Lie
Research librarian/architect
The NTNU Library
Faculty Library of Arch./Civ.eng./Math.sci.
N-7491 TRONDHEIM
NORWAY

tel.: +47 73 59 51 60
fax.: +47 73 59 88 10