------------------
Hello again,
Our College is undergoing an accreditation process, and one of the main =
needs we
have is to identify our 'Core' library collection (in the next couple of
months). Our college has formally separated from a local museum and museum
library with some of our  4,500 bibliographic items (that we own) still on =
the
museum's library shelves, and interspersed with their collection. We will be
removing these books over the course of the year. The only record I have of =
our
'owned' materials is a shelf list card collection. The Problem: How does one=
 go
about determining for true the valuable 'core' books used by one's faculty =
body,
and separating these from the junk without any statistical data? The Second
Problem: I have asked our busy faculty for bibliographies they felt =
essential
for their students so that I could add these to our future 'core' stock, but
have received very few back. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how =
faculty
could be encouraged to assist in identifying a 'core collection? Does anyone
know of large lists of current bibliographies for undergraduate studio art
disciplines that might have 500 listings by various art disciplines?
Sincerely,
Robert

Robert Ray Craddick
Head Librarian