------------------
Dear Jeffrey and PL Colleagues,
I think you should be re-appointed for another term- a full term.
I also have a question for our group and any other ARLIS member who may have
input.
The Beverly Hills Public Library Fine Arts Division is planning for the =
Public
Access to the Artfact database.  If your library has it available for public
use, could you let us know the positive and negative aspects? Any opinions =
will
be much appreciated - time restrictions, printing availability etc. Thanks.
Jeri Byrne - Fine Arts Staff Librarian, BHPL

=3E=3E=3E =22Stephens, Jeffrey=22 =3CJStephens=40QueensLibrary.org=3E 11/15 =
1:40 PM =3E=3E=3E
Greetings Public Library Division Members,

I have been recuperating for several weeks following eye surgery and have
been spending the last few days scrolling through page after page of e-mail.
Perhaps you are aware of Karen McKenzie's message of 10/13 regarding
election of Moderators.  In an attempt to allow more ARLIS/NA members to
participate in elections, a new change was approved by the Board in the
election process of Moderators. At the business meeting a Moderator will be
elected from a list of names previously drawn up by the current Moderator
and from the floor, as well as names for Update Column Editor.  Members do
not need to be present at the meeting to stand for election.

Karen's first call for names produced a few for other divisions.  She has
now put out a second call.  Since I was out from work I missed the first
call.  Therefore, I'm asking Public Library Division members if they wish to
put forward any names for Moderator and Column Editor.  The Moderator of the
Public Library Division has usually also served as Column Editor, but if
members wish to elect a different person for each position that would be
fine.

As you may know, I volunteered to take over the Moderator/Column Editor
position at mid-year due to the resignation of Carl Baker. I would be
happy/willing to serve next year in this capacity, but if anyone wishes to
put forward the name of any other Public Library Division member(s), please
let me know and I will pass these names on to Karen McKenzie.

I know we are all looking forward to seeing one another in Pittsburgh and I
will be sending along other messages soon about PLD participation.  If you
have any issues, comments, etc regarding the Division or the Conference I
would like to hear from you.

Thank you and regards,

Jeffrey Stephens
Moderator/Column Editor
Public Library Division
ARLIS/NA

Fine Arts Division
Queens Public Library
89-11 Merrick Boulevard
Jamaica, NY  11432
phone: 718/990-0755
work e-mail: jstephens=40queenslibrary.org
home e-mail: jsteph2536=40aol.com