I am delighted by the many site suggestions that have been enthusiastically
endorsed by my colleagues in ARLIS/NA. It is clear that we love our annual
conference and love visiting new cities and all they have to offer.

However, it should be said that there are some real proposals in the works
and one of them is for ARLIS/Ontario to host a conference in Ottawa in
either 2003 or 2004. This was discussed on October 17th during the Canadian
meeting (held at the National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa) and on November
5th during the Ontario Chapter meeting (held at the Ontario College of Art &
Design in Toronto).

So, forget cold, snow and mounties. Think springtime, yellow tulips and Paul
Gross in red serge. That beats Las Vegas any day!

(If you don't watch TV, Paul Gross is the heart throb who plays RCMP
Constable Benton Fraser on the show "Due South." He is described as "the
walking, breathing, door-holding stereotype of the Polite Canadian." Raised
in the Northwest Territories by librarian grandparents, the biggest city he
lived in before Chicago was Moosejaw, Saskatchewan.)

Thank you kindly,

Jill Patrick
Ontario College of Art & Design
Toronto