announcement and I hope most of you can attend!

ARLIS/SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

FALL MEETING
Thursday, December 2, 1999
Japanese American National Museum

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
10:00am-11:00am refreshments
10:00am         Museum opens

11:00am-1:00pm  Tour(s) of the resource center, collections vaults and
introduction to the museum.
Visit the museum on self-guided tours at your leisure

1:00-2:30pm     LUNCH on your own (maps and a list of restaurants to be provided)

2:30-3:30pm     Business  meeting

Museum is open until 8:00pm!

RSVP by November 29th, to Alyssa Resnick (310) 289-7354 or [log in to unmask]
Please call or email Alyssa for additional information.

MUSEUM INFORMATION:

JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM
369 East First Street, Los Angeles, California 90012
(213) 625-0414, fax: (213) 625-1770

1-800-461-5266

http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/janm/

Area map: http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/janm/general/map.htm

The Japanese American National Museum is the only museum in the United
States dedicated to sharing the experience of Americans of Japanese
ancestry. The founding of the Museum is a story of high hopes,
remarkable achievements, frustration, and ultimately, success.

Current exhibitions:
Common Ground: The Heart of Community
A Process of Reflection: Paintings by Hisako Hibi

An American Diary: Paintings by Roger Shimomura"
Re-Visioning Manzanar: Selections from the Permanent Collection"

The mission of the Manabi and Sumi Hirasaki National Resource Center is
to provide access to the Museum's diverse collections related to
Japanese Americans. The National Resource Center develops a collection
of secondary materials that document the Japanese American experience.
Access is provided not only to this reference collection, but also to
the Museum's artifactual collections (primary materials) and to the
institutional archives. Because education is a life-long pursuit, the
Hirasaki National Resource Center is committed to providing service to
all ages and skill levels.