Hello, wise colleagues:

Recently we've received books for the library that come with their own
CD-ROMs (e.g., Business and Legal Forms for Photographers, Medieval
Architecture in Western Europe, Director Closeup).  I want to get these
books into circulation, but currently have no policy on lending CD-ROMs.
Please help with me this!

1.  Do you have similar items in your collection?

2.  Do you lend the CD-ROM with the book or is it an in-library use item?

3.  Are there different lending periods for books with CD-ROMs?  Different
patrons/borrowers?  Different fines?

4.  Do you barcode the CD-ROM separately from the book?  Or with the same
barcode?  Or do you barcode it at all?

5.  Have you had any experience trying to replace a lost or damaged CD-ROM
that came with a book?  Were you able to replace the item at all?  At what
cost?

Please reply to me directly at the address below.  I'll summarize for the
list if requested.  Thanks in advance for all your wise counsel!

Moira
Moira Steven, Head Librarian
The Atlanta College of Art
1280 Peachtree Street N.E.