Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues:

        The Delaware Valley Chapter is thinking of setting up a travel
award to honor Marietta Bushnell Boyer, our late colleague .  I have
volunteered to gather information from other chapters which have travel
awards, and would appreciate your help.

        Would someone from any chapter sponsoring such an award share with
me information about eligibility for the award, amount of award, frequency
of award,how decisions about winners are arrived at, when and how funds are
distributed to winners, requirements for reporting use of award, etc.    Is
the award funded by chapter members' dues?  by special "taxation" of
members, by a separate investment fund?  In fact, anything which you think
is pertinent would be welcome information.

        Please respond to me directly off the list.  If others are
interested in the responses, I'll be glad to summarize and share on the
list.  Thank you all for your help.

                                                Eileen Markson

                                                on behalf of the
                                                Delaware Valley Chapter of