Good Afternoon,

I've been puzzling over this one for over a week and have decided to seek
your collective wisdom.

I have two books.  The first, published in 1992 by the Sprengel Museum
Hannover, is called Graphische Sammlung and was cataloged as multipart item
of which the first volume was called "1 Originale auf papier."  The second
book, published this year also by the Sprengel Museum Hannover, is called
Max Beckmann : Druckgraphik Prints, and has "Graphische Sammlung 2" as a
series.

The problem, how to resolve the records.  The first volume of the series
definitely was published with the title proper under the series name, while
the second volume in the series is definitely published under Max Beckmann
and not the series.  If I prefer the series name, then I still have to
catalog the current volume as an analytic, which my system (Dynix) doesn't
handle well.  If I prefer separate records,  what do I choose as the title
proper for volume 1?  Any suggestions?

TIA

Lori

Lori Ann Thorrat