  In 1986 I set up the dual ma/mls program at Indiana University.  As part
of this program--combines graduate degrees in the School of Library &
Info. Science and School of FA/History of Art--I developed a seminar in
art librarianship.  To my knowledge, this may be one of the few courses of
this type still being taught.  If there are other such courses in art
librarianship, I would love to know about them
  As part of my seminar, I give students an extensive bibliography, class
outline, and reading list by topics.  I have willingly shared all my class
materials with colleagues for more than ten years now.
  I still have students do readings from Lois Swan Jones/Sarah Gibson's
book and from Pacey's book.  There is still useful foundation and
historical material in both these books.  Of course, this material is
updated by the periodical literature both in specialized sources such as
ART DOC and ART LIBRARIES J. as well as COLLEGE & RESEARCH LIBRARIES, etc.

B. J. Kish Irvine, Ph.D.
Fine Arts Librarian
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405