I had sent this privately to Kathryn, but decided to make it public
because so many others are responding to the list.
Ted

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:03:34 -0500 (EST)
From: Edward Goodman <[log in to unmask]>
To: Kathryn Wayne <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Future Conference Sites

Hi Chuck- I personnaly love the idea of Vegas!!  It would be very
interesting from an architecture/planning perspective- "Learning from
Las Vegas", etc. I could see some interesting sessions. GLIRT could do
something on Liberace and the culture of kitsch!

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Many people have asked me when we might meet in NYC again, and I always
reply that with the popularity of NYC as a destination now, it is MUCH
more expensive and difficult to meet as a group here. Hotel occupancy
rates are 98% filled all year long and it has impacted the convention
business adversely because hotels do not have to cut deals to fill the
bedrooms.  I don't know if we'll ever be able to be in NYC again,
although if there was movement from the EB to do it, I would be happy to
present it to the chapter and do some preliminary investigative work
myself.

I was on the ICAM conf. planning comm. in 1996 in charge of local
arrangements and we booked the Warwick Hotel at 54th & 6th Ave. and at
that time room rates single/double were $140. So, it might be doable
depending on what members were willing to pay.

Ted