----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Ms. Jones: I've routed your question to several colleagues around the Getty, and there = is no consensus on a single software package for managing bibliographic data. Although ProCite has been used by numerous staff, our Information Technology Services office does not identify it as a =22standard=22 for use Getty-wide. I recommend you put your question to the subscribers of the Art Libraries Society of North America discussion list, ARLIS-L = =3Carlis-l=40lsv.uky.edu=3E=3B I should think they would have strong feelings about the issue. Another = resource might be the Museum Computer Network. Good luck with your research. Jim Bower J. Paul Getty Trust =3E=3E=3E =3CMylodon7=40aol.com=3E 10/14 8:41 AM =3E=3E=3E Dear Mr. Bower, I'm a graduate student in Art History at Columbia and a bibliographer at the Metropolitan in New York. Soon, I want to reformat my computer and load new programs, and I need to upgrade my bibliography database. I've been using an ancient version of Notebook in Dos (Notebook is now defunct). I have heard that the Getty encourages visiting scholars and funded project staff to use ProCite. I'm not thrilled by the strictures or the useless = bells and whistles of all the new programs I've looked at, since I prefer more control and a custom setup, so I figure that if I must choose between existing evils I might as well go with what could become a museum standard. Could you please send your thoughts on this, or direct this query to the appropriate person. I would be most grateful. Thanks, Penny Jones (Mylodon7=40aol.com)