> Date:          Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:05:12 EDT
> From:          Kjersti Lie <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:       Collage or painting architecture!
> To:            [log in to unmask]

> One of our exchange students (architecture) has chosen an interesting, but
> difficult task for her diploma:
>
> She has chosen a painting by Kurt Schwitters and from that painting she is
> going to design a building!! That is, she will more or less be trying to
> make a two-dimensional painting three-dimensional! Now, I am not going to do
> the project for her, but she insisted that some architect or architects had
> done similar work, and I "haven't a clue!" Can any of you give me an example
> of a "pumped up" painting or collage, or a building designed with a two
> dimensional work of art as a starting point? Any information will be of
> interest! (Sounds a bit like de-deconstruction to me).
>
> Hoping to hear from you as soon as possible!
>
> Greetings from Norway,
>
> Ms. Kjersti Lie
> Research librarian/architect
> The NTNU Library
> Faculty Library of Arch./Civ.eng./Math.sci.
> N-7491 TRONDHEIM
> NORWAY
>
> tel.: +47 73 59 51 60
> fax.: +47 73 59 88 10

Well,
there is an Austrian architecture collective, that develop
their  work according to some scratches they make before, in 2
dimensional form. I have to check out their name. Something like
Himmel....?

Will tell you tomoroow,

Hans Zonnevijlle
Librarian NFI

****

Hans Zonnevijlle
Librarian NFI (Dutch National Institute for Photography)
Witte de Withstraat 63
NL-3012 BN Rotterdam - The Netherlands
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
tel: +31.10.2132011