Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Thank you very much to all who responded to the following request. Here are the results. More suggestions are welcomed. Thanks again. Dan ORIGINAL MESSAGE Can anyone recommend sources of art world job information to refer students to? I am familiar with resources on art jobs in general, but not with ones on specific opportunities. Thank you. Dan Burnstein Media Resource Coordinator Christie's Graduate Programs, New York RESPONSES I'd like to suggest The Informed Artist website at the Seattle Public Library (http://www.spl.org/finearts/artsemployment.html). Artwork: Resources for Employment in the Arts lists websites, books and periodicals focusing on employment in the arts. [log in to unmask] wrote: > > > There is a publication called "Current Jobs in Art" > > for information: P.O. Box 40440 > 5136 MacArthur Blvd., NW > Washington, D.C. > > We keep this in our Reading Room in the art dept. Studio, Graphic Design > and Art History students find it to be very helpful as they begin to search > for jobs. It certainly gives them a better idea of the market and potential > salaries as they prepare. > > Pat Radford, Curator > Visual Resources Library > Department of Art > Oklahoma State Univ. A couple online art job resources: Artswire http://artswire.org/ Arts administration positions. Communication Arts Magazine http://www.commarts.com/ Design jobs, both web and print. And in print: CAA Careers subscription info: http://www.collegeart.org/caa/publications/careers/index.html Erika Dowell [log in to unmask] Assistant to Branch Head (812) 855-4596 Indiana University Fine Arts Library fax (812) 855-3443 There is also a mailing list called Museum-L which often has museum jobs announcements. Send subscribe, unsubscribe, help and info requests to the administrative address at [log in to unmask] Polly Trump ============================================ Polly Trump, MLS Librarian II, Reference and Reader's Advisory San Antonio Public Library 600 Soledad Street San Antonio, TX 78205-1200 210/207-2579 210/207-2552 (fax) visit us on the Web at http://www.sat.lib.tx.us Hello All, I found a good resource on-line for art jobs and info on the arts in general. It is ArtsWire (http://www.artswire.org) which is produced by the New York Foundation for the Arts. They used to also produce a printed newsletter, but perhaps this has replaced it. I also would agree that Aviso is the first place to look for job postings. I also know that CAA has a job newsletter and although it does focus on academic teaching jobs for artists and art historians, there are occasionally a few museum/gallery listings. I hope this helps. Sincerely, Sandra Rothenberg ARLIS/NE The Chronicle of Higher Ed., and AVISO both jump to mind. Also College Art Association (CAA), which I think has a jobline online somewhere. Amy Lucker Librarian Museum of Fine Arts, Boston [log in to unmask] Dan, AVISO: the monthly newsletter of the American Association of Museums has many job postings along with grant and fellowship opportunities in each issue. *************************=2A************************=2A Robert R. Garzillo Technical Services Librarian Rhode Island School of Design Providence, RI 02903 (401) 454-6276 [log in to unmask] Dear Dan, The major source I am aware of for jobs in the art world is Aviso, published by the American Association of Museums. It says employment resources will be online in November at www.aam-us.org Sincerely, Gloria Short, Librarian _______ Springfield Art Museum (_SPFD_( 1111 E. Brookside Dr. (__ART__(__ Springfield, MO 65807 (__MUSEUM_(___ [log in to unmask] (__LIBRARY___( [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]