From: Kjersti Lie [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 5:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Collage or painting architecture!

One of our exchange students (architecture) has chosen an interesting, but
difficult task for her diploma:

She has chosen a painting by Kurt Schwitters and from that painting she is
going to design a building!! That is, she will more or less be trying to
make a two-dimensional painting three-dimensional! Now, I am not going to do
the project for her, but she insisted that some architect or architects had
done similar work, and I "haven't a clue!" Can any of you give me an example
of a "pumped up" painting or collage, or a building designed with a two
dimensional work of art as a starting point? Any information will be of
interest! (Sounds a bit like de-deconstruction to me).

Hoping to hear from you as soon as possible!

Greetings from Norway,

Ms. Kjersti Lie
Research librarian/architect
The NTNU Library
Faculty Library of Arch./Civ.eng./Math.sci.
N-7491 TRONDHEIM
NORWAY

tel.: +47 73 59 51 60
fax.: +47 73 59 88 10