Rebecca,
        The City of San Antonio has the following schedule for accrual of
annual leave [for vacation or personal business]:

        Years of Service                Time Accrued

        0-6 months              0
        6-12 months             5 days
        1-4 years               10 days per year
        5-9 years               12 days per year
        10-14 years             14 days per year
        15-17 years             16 days per year
        18 years and over       18 days per year

        We also receive personal leave [to be utilized not only for
illnesses but for family or personal emergencies] according to the following
schedule:

        Years of Service                Time Accrued

        less than 6 months      0
        6 months < 2 year       5 days per year
        2 years < 3 years       6 days per year
        3 years < 4 years       7 days per year
        4 years < 5 years       8 days per year
        5 years < 9 years       9 days per year
        9 years and above       10 days per year

        There is also a buy back option on some or all of an employees
unused personal leave, based on a schedule of years in service.

Robert Beebe
Collection Development Coordinator
San Antonio Public Library
600 Soledad Street