Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

I would like to report on fundraising activities for the upcoming ARLIS/NA =
28th
Annual Conference to be held in Pittsburgh March 16-22, 2000.  Have you ever
wondered how important fundraising is to the success of the annual =
conference?
Unless you've been one of our conference planners in the past years, it's
possible you may think that your registration fee covers all of the costs.  =
In
reality, registration covers only 44=25 of the costs, which usually total =
over
=24140,000=21

Fundraising is one of the most important aspects of conference planning, as
without it we could not offer the size and scope of activities we have come =
expect.  Each year we must find ways to pay for the Internet Room (this year
=244,000), audio visual needs for sessions (over =248,000), transportation =
events (=242,000 for the Convocation alone), and many complimentary parties,=
 etc.

Additionally, many members may not be aware that the hotel offers the =
meeting
spaces to the Society at no cost, but only if they meet the room block.  It =
is
extremely important that we book rooms in the conference hotel, to avoid =
paying
additional fees.

We have a very good start to this year's fundraising efforts.  As you can =
see
by the long list of donors below, we have strong support from our long-time
exhibitors and vendors.  This year, we have developed a web-site with links =
all of our donor's web pages.  Please check it out at:
http://www.pitt.edu/=7Efricklib/arlis2000/sponsors.htm

Support opportunities are still available, and greatly needed.  There are =
still
some =22naming=22 opportunities as well as a need for general conference =
support.
Please do not hesitate to call me if you would like to discuss specific
opportunities.

Individuals and businesses desiring to lend their support to the ARLIS/NA
Conference may do so by contacting Sara Jane Pearman at the Cleveland Museum=
 of
Art, 216-421-7340 ext. 545, pearman=40cma-oh.org=3B or Kathryn Wayne, =
ARLIS/NA
President, 510-643-2809, kwayne=40library.berkeley.edu.

Thank you for your support of ARLIS/NA=21

Kathryn Wayne
ARLIS/NA President

THANK YOU TO OUR EARLY BIRD 2000 ARLIS/NA CONFERENCE SPONSORS:
Ars Libri, Ltd., Boston, Massachusetts
John Benjamins Publishing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
F. A. Bernett, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts
Blackwell=92s Book Services, Blackwood, New Jersey
Andrew Cahan Books, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
David Mirvish Books, Toronto, Ontario
G.K. Hall, New York
Grove=92s Dictionaries, Inc., New York
Howard Karno Books, Valley Center, California
Innovative Interfaces, Inc., Emeryville, California
K.G. Saur Research Collections, Dayton, Ohio
Michael Shamansky, Bookseller, Kingston, New York
OHIONET, Columbus, Ohio
Puvill Libros S.A., Barcelona, Spain
Research Libraries Group, Mountain View, California
University Library System, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, =
Pennsylvania
H. W. Wilson Foundation, New York
Worldwide Books, Ithaca, New York
Yankee Book Peddler, Contoocook, New Hampshire

We also wish to acknowledge the support of ARLIS/NA Chapters:

Central Plains Chapter
Montreal/Ottawa/Quebec
Mountain West Chapter
New York Chapter