Colleagues:

Art librarians are out there. We are all over--everywhere except libraries!

When I graduated with an interest in art librarianship, I needed to look
outside of what traditional art librarianship had to offer to get a job. I
have worked in positions as an art researcher for a corporation, and have
now, finally, found a niche in cataloging and indexing visual images and
working on access & retrieval for image and visual information.

No, I am not a traditional librarian, but I see my job as a library
position. I call myself a librarian, even when my colleagues at the job
aren't librarians. It keeps me interested, challenged, and in high demand.

Karen Spern