F. O.. C. Darley illustrated the fourth edition of  Caroline M. Kirkland's "A
New Home, Who'll Follow? or Glimpses of Western Life. ( New York, C.S.
Francis, 1850). The Library of Congress has digitized the fifth edition, also
containing the Darley illustrations, 306 pages, and including six Darley
illustrations.  For some perverse reason they did not include an index to the
illustrations and there is no way to find them except by browsing through the
text, one slowly-downloading page after another.
(Do a search for Caroline Kirkland at http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amhome.html
 Can someone with  provide me with an index to the illustrations of this
delightful book?  My August 29 request to the LOC regarding this has gone
unanswered.
Thank you.
Carol Digel
www.focdarley.org