Hi Anne,
    I can see your consortium's concern for effective cost sharing of
acquisitions, but I can understand your concern.  Isn't one of the roles of an
academic library to support its institution's curriculum?  I know that I have
requested books for our library that our consortium already has because I
believed them to be important enough for our courses that they would be used
again.  Maybe some kind of purchasing compromise can be reached between the
consortium's goals as a whole and the individual member's needs.  I hope this
helps.
Sincerely,
Sandra Rothenberg
ARLIS/NE