----------------------------Original message---------------------------- I hate to break it to you Mr. Keaveney, but if all artists in need of psychotherapy visited shrinks instead of creating art, museums would be empty. Art History 101. Is this what they are teaching in Art History 101? I gues that explains a lot. I think you mean Art Therapy 101. It is this belief that is driving the art world into the disastrous state that it's in now. HMMMM, That's funny, I never knew that one had to be in need of psychotherapy to be a great artist. Damn I guess I will never be exhibited in any museum. Boo Hoo. Only when art is completely bound up with (technical and scientific) industry wi become possible to launch a planned attack on trivial taste and fight for the interests of future socialization. -N. Lukhmanov "Life as It Should Be." (1928) So I guess the theme for 20th century art is "Art as a whore in service of the psychological insecurities of the creator." William P. Keaveney