No one has addressed the blooper in all the uproar:

"Artists" who
> are in need of psychotherapy should visit a shrink, not pollute the
> walls and floors of cultural institutions with their ***deification***
(or
> the excrement of any animal for that matter).

Mr. Keaveney,
Did you mean to say DEFECATION (the act of discharging feces from the
bowels), not DEIFICATION (derived from deify, "to make a god of, to take
as an object of worship, to glorify as of supreme worth"?

As an ARLIS-L lurker, I am grateful to Jeffrey Salem, Martha Hagood, and
others who have cast the light of good sense and reason on this rather
murky situation.

Regina Moore
Regina S. Moore ([log in to unmask])
Assistant Director, Kent County Public Library
408 High Street, Chestertown, MD 21620
(410) 778-3636