I don't know if competency standards exist via CAA.  I think not.  I have
always thought they should exist.  I am willing to work with an ARLIS
group to create such standards via ARLIS, VRA and CAA.  I firmly believe
that if such standards existed in CAA, it would give us art librarians
more clout with the faculty, curators and library administrators.  Let's
continue this important discussion!  Ray Anne

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh
                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
                              Voice:  412-648-2410
                                Fax:  412-648-7568
                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
                                   Ezra Pound