Great idea and furthermore, if CAA (and like associations) haven't thought
of defining a literature competency standard, can we art librarians not
undertake that, too?  This sounds like a terrific project for a committee,
and maybe a future occasional paper.

Karen McKenzie
Chief Librarian
   E.P. Taylor Research Library & Archives
   Art Gallery of Ontario
   317 Dundas Street West
   Toronto, ON    M5T 1G4
   CANADA

   Phone (416) 979-6660 Ext. 389        [log in to unmask]
   Fax (416) 979-6602                   http://www.ago.net