Dear ARLIS/NA Members,

Have you ever watched the Academy Awards, or the Emmy's (this week) and
wondered what it would be like to be sitting there in the audience with all
those glamorous stars, or what it would be like to *know* someone who won?

Well, I am pleased to tell you that one of our ARLIS/NA members was not
only there, but her husband won an Emmy!  Knowing Joan Benedetti (LA County
Museum of Art), she would not want to advertise this on her own, and I
could not resist letting you all know about this.

John Benedetti's husband, Robert Benedetti (also known as Beny) won an Emmy
this year for producing an HBO movie "A Lesson Before Dying" starring Don
Cheadle, Irma Hall, and Cicely Tyson.

This was his third Emmy.  Two years ago he won in the same category (best
television movie) for "Miss Evers Boys," and also an HBO movie, starring
Laurence Fishburne and Alfred Woodard and then received an additional
special Emmy given as a "President's Award" for outstanding films of social
significance.

I'm dying to know what Joan wore to the Emmy's (Escada?  Versace?) and hope
she will show off her gown at our Black Tie Party Event at the upcoming
Annual Conference in Pittsburgh!!  We hope she'll bring Beny along too!

Congratulations to Joan and her husband Beny!

Kathryn Wayne
ARLIS/NA President