Hi, folks.  This is a personal request for assistance.

My father and I are taking a trip to Italy for about 10 days in November to
go visit family, do some siteseeing, etc.  (Don't be too jealous!)  This
time, we'll be visiting Rome, but I've been hearing things that many of the
sites are closed or have restricted access in preparation for the 2000
Jubilee of Christianity.  I'm especially interested in visiting places such
as the Colosseum and the Vatican Museums (particularly the Sistine Chapel).
 I've looked on a few web sites, including the Vatican web site, but I'm
not having too much success in identifying information about whether or not
anything is closed or has restricted access.  Either some of the sites
don't have the information, or my Italian is rusty and I'm not
understanding everything I'm reading.

Does anyone out there have any information (personal, web sites, etc.) they
can offer me before I go ahead and start making international phone calls
for information?  Please send comments directly to me, not the listserv.

Thanks!

Roberto

Roberto C. Ferrari
Arts & Humanities Reference Librarian