Dear ARLIS Colleagues:

Here at the College of Santa Fe, library staff are assisting a faculty
member who is working on a reference book dealing with Extraordinary
Women of the Middle Ages and Renaissance (forthcoming from Greenwood
Press).

One of the paintings to be reproduced in the article that the faculty
member is writing appears in the Turkish serial Belleten, Vol. 23, 1959,
pp 229-39 in an article by Michel Sokolnicki entitled "La Sultane
Ruthene."

Our faculty member has received premission from the rights holder in
Turkey to reproduce the photograph of the painting appearing in the
serial article.   However, with the devastation caused by the earthquake
in Turkey and the uncertainty of receiving a photograph of the work
anytime soon, we are trying to identify  US libraries or special
collections  that might have both the serial issue mentioned above and
the capability to make a black and white glossy for us.

Please let me know if you can help with this request.

Thanks so much,

--
Maryhelen Jones   | Email:  [log in to unmask]
Director, Fogelson Library | Phone:  (505) 473-6576