Julia,

I just wanted to add my comments about software from CASPR, which
someone already mentioned. Their Library World 98 program is very good,
and if you can use a spreadsheet it isn't hard to import records. (You
can also just enter them manually.) The software does NOT necessarily
cost $2000, as someone stated. For a single-station license, which is
what you want, you can get a Bronze version for $600, Silver for $1600,
and Gold for . . . I forget, but it's over $2000. The versions contain
different features and upgrades. My institution is buying the Silver
version for $1200 (nonprofit org. discount). It's definitely something
to look into. Try www.caspr.com, and if you email them they will send
you a demo and literature.

Good luck,
Andrea Saenz