----------------------------Original message---------------------------- The Technology Committee is sponsoring an AskARLIS session called: "Lost in the Fogg: Finding One's Way Around in a Sea of Slides" at next year's conference. In preparation for this session, we would like to gather material together that illustrates the range of schemes and the resulting benefits and/or problems with particular decisions. I put out a call to the VRA listserv a little while ago too, so please forgive any cross-posting. The Technology Committee is working on a web site and database that covers various types of information and it is possible we will be able to post something to post this type of information. Really, almost any form that would encourage participation is welcome. So if you want to send Word files, hard copy, summary, special samples of unique or specialty areas, comments - whatever - to contribute to this project, please send them to me at the address below. Even bad examples, I mean, things that give you fits, might be useful. Please note, this is not about subject indexing the material, but really focusing on filing decisions. This includes decisions and methods of the physical arrangement of items in drawers, including color coding on labels and guidecards, label content and quantity, digital collection filing schemes and the relationship to traditional collections, and similar. This should make for lively discussion since it seems like just in my operation for every opinion I have about how to file best file things, one or more professors disagrees! Paula Hardin Visual Resources Library College of Design Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA 70803 225-388-5404 FAX 225-388-5040 [log in to unmask]