----------------------------Original message---------------------------- ------------------ ARLIS, NC Summer Meeting Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts, Stanford University Friday, August 6, 1999 Please join us for our Summer Meeting at the recently opened Cantor Arts Center. Special guest, Assunta Pisani, Associate Director of Stanford University Libraries, will discuss her experience at the Biblioteca Berenson, one of the foremost cultural and historical reference libraries in Italy. The Biblioteca Berenson is located in the Villa at I Tatti, the Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies in Florence, Italy. Following lunch we will have a tour of the Cantor Art Center collections. 9:30-10:00 Coffee =7E meet in the Auditorium of the Cantor Art Center 10:00-10:45 Presentation by Assunta Pisani, Associate Director of Stanford University Library =7E meet in the Auditorium 10:45-11:30 ARLIS, NC Business Meeting, including discussion of the election for next year's officers 11:30-1:00 Lunch (Box lunches available or lunch on your own) 1:15-2:15 Tour of the Cantor Art Center =7E meet in the Main Lobby of the Cantor Art Center no later than 1:10 p.m. For more information on the Cantor Arts Center, including a list of the current exhibitions and more detailed directions: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/ccva/ For more information on the Library at the Villa I Tatti: http://www.vit.firenze.it/I=5FTatti=5FLibrary.html Directions to the Cantor Art Center: The Cantor Arts Center is located on the Stanford University campus at Lomita Drive and Museum Way. Limited metered parking is available in front of the Center on Lomita Drive and in the parking structure at Roth Way and Campus Drive. The Center is fully accessible to people with disabilities. Please RSVP by Monday, July 12 to Maia Jin, ARLIS, NC Secretary/Treasurer, jin=40kmd-arch.com or 415-399-4931. If you would like to purchase a boxed lunch for =2410.00, please indicate your choice of lunch box when you RSVP. = We look forward to seeing you there=21 =2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A=2A== 2A=2A=2A Cantor Arts Center Caf=E9 Boxed Lunch Menu =5F=5F Choice 1: Smoked Turkey Sandwich, Pesto Mayo, Provolone and Frisee =5F=5F Choice 2: Smoked Ham and Honey Mustard with Roasted Yams =5F=5F Choice 3: Portabella, Roasted Red Pepper and Gorgonzola Spread on Foccacia =5F=5F Choice 4: Salami, Ham, and Swiss with Peperoncini on Baguette All choices include a house-made cookie, seasonal fruit, and an assortment of sodas, sparkling water, and still water. Maia Jin Librarian Kaplan McLaughlin Diaz 222 Vallejo Street San Francisco, CA 94111 415-399-4931