To Roberto & others, here's a copy of a message I just received about ARTHUR:

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:17:50 GMT
From: April Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: *The Arthur Image Search System Has Moved*
To: [log in to unmask]

*The Arthur Image Search System Has Moved*

Dear Arthur User,

Thank you for linking to Arthur from your website!

The Arthur Image Search System (previously hosted at the
Getty Information Institute) has been moved to the
Center for Cultural Technology (CCT) at the Information
Sciences Institute (ISI). ISI, part of the University of
Southern California, is one of the nations leading computer
science research centers.

CCT was formed on June 1, 1999 to develop tools,
services, and technology relationships in support of the
cultural community. The Center is staffed by former members
of the Getty Information Institute's research group, responsible
for over a decade of technical innovation in the cultural
domain including the Getty Arthur Image Search System.

CCT will undertake several key projects during the coming year.
These projects will focus on building, testing, and deploying
a core set of internet search technologies targeted initially
at the cultural domain. The new URL for Arthur is:

http://www.isi.edu/cct/arthur/

The system will be up and running by mid July 1999.
If you have any questions, please contact Martin Harris: