I keep all the paper copies of these catalogs for public access.  My
assumption is not all holdings have been retrospectively converted.  But
even more imp. is the significant amt. of historically-based periodical
indexing that is availabe in some catalogs, e.g., MMA, MoMA.
  Bibliographically speaking, I also think it is easier & sometimes faster
to scan these catalogs than to search through record after record online.
   BJ Irvine, Indiana University

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Jolene deVerges wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
> Is anyone keeping the multi volume union catalogs from the Met, MOMA,
> Harvard
> University Fine Arts or Winterthur Museum?  Does anyone store them and, if
> so, why?
>
> Please send advice to
> Debby Aframe
> Reference Librarian