From: Claire Eike [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 3:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: campus cards & library systems

The School is exploring the use of "campus cards" that would function as
both
 IDs and debit cards.  We are evaluating ways that the library might best
 utilize the potential of such a card.

Does anyone have experience using this type of system in your library?  More
 importantly, are you able to  --  or do you have future plans to  --  link
your
 system in any way with your library online system?  (We're part of
ILLINET's DR

The vendors we're now looking at are Diebold and A.T. & T.  Any experience
with
 or comments regarding these vendors?

Thanks.  All comments will be appreciated.

Claire Eike
Director, The John M. Flaxman Library
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, Illinois  60603-3103
312-629-9379 voice
312-899-1465 fax