Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Margaret - My view of this problem is that of an independent researcher/librarian who uses auction catalogs quite a bit. It is a nightmare from late1998 and for all of 1999. Today I received a new Sotheby's catalog with the price list inserted from the previous sale in the front. Yesterday the price list from Christie's was printed and bound in the back. If you use South Kensington sales you have to go through Scipio (if you are so lucky to have access to it) and find the next sale in the category (for example, fans) and the price list will be bound in that one. Since libraries shelve catalogs by dates and not necessarily by sale category it is a real nightmare for the stack staff and library patrons. The trend appears to be toward technology on the web, but the price lists are certainly not uniformly available, esp. for sales in Rome, and other off-the beaten path locations...any suggestions for improvement or other shortcuts are welcomed. Both Christie's and Sotheby's needs to be approached about changes...Christel