Kathryn: St. Louis would be a great place for an ARLIS/NA Annual
Conference.   I hope the ARLIS/NA Executive Board accepts the
Central Plains Chapter offer, for all of the reasons you have
mentioned.-----tom jacoby
2002. On 21 Jun 99 at 15:53, Kathryn Wayne wrote:

> ----------------------------Original
> message---------------------------- ------------------ Dear ARLIS/NA
> Members:
>
> The Central Plains Chapter has extended an invitation to the
> Executive Board to hold ARLIS/NA's annual conference in St. Louis in
> 2002.  St. Louis is an historic city with many cultural attractions,
> a central location, and relatively moderate costs.  The city has
> great museums, universities, and public libraries.  St. Louis offers
> significant architecture, historic neighborhoods, beautiful parks,
> and a wide variety of ethnic restaurants. The Gateway Arch, designed
> by Eero Saarinen and the symbol of the city, is both an aesthetic
> and engineering marvel. The Zoo and the Missouri Botanical Garden
> have worldwide reputations for excellence. Because of the city's
> historic role as "Gateway to the West," the Central Plains Chapter
> would like the conference theme to address "the exploration of new
> frontiers."
>
> This is a formal call for any comments and discussion from the
> membership. Please post your message to ARLIS-L no later than July
> 1, 1999.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Kathryn Wayne
> ARLIS/NA President
Thomas J. Jacoby
Art & Design Librarian, U-5AD
Art, Landscape Architecture & Medieval Studies Bibliographer
University of Connecticut Libraries
369 Fairfield Road
Storrs, CT 06269-1005 U.S.A.
Phone:(860)486-2787; Voice Mail:(860)486-1243
FAX:(860)486-3593; E-Mail: [log in to unmask]