Dear Colleagues,

The following message from the Digital Future Coalition provides useful
information regarding pending database legislation endorsed by
ARLIS/NA.  I confirmed the Society's support by telephone yesterday.

Roger Lawson
Chair
ARLIS/NA Public Policy Committee

>From: Skip Lockwood <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Digital Future Coalition Discussion List" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: H.R. 1858 support
>Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:36:52 -0400
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>        David Gabrieli <[log in to unmask]>,
>        "Jane M. Orient" <[log in to unmask]>,
>        "Richard E. Hallgren" <[log in to unmask]>,
>        Susan Nutter <[log in to unmask]>,
>        Twila Brase <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Urbanski
>        Eagle Forum <[log in to unmask]>,
>        "Dejan Pavlovic (E-mail)" <[log in to unmask]>,
>        "Bartlett D. Cleland" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Friends,
>
>It just dawned on me that some of you might not have been following
the database issue as closely as those of us that live with it day and
www.databasedata.org).