Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues, This message is being sent to both ARLIS-L and RLGART-L in an attempt to reach as many Research Libraries Group (RLG) Art & Architecture Group (AAG) members as possible. Please excuse the inevitable duplication. As the 1999/2000 RLG-AAG Steering Committee develops its agenda for the coming year one of the first areas we would like to address concerns communication between RLG, the AAG Steering Committee, and the AAG membership. We have two primary vehicles for sharing information, the annual AAG meeting held at the ARLIS/NA conference, and the AAG membership listserv, RLGART-L. The Steering Committee will soon be requesting the assistance of the AAG membership in performing an analysis of the annual AAG meeting via an evaluation form which will be distributed on RLGART-L. One of the questions in the evaluation concerns the current utility of RLGART-L and the possibility of making it a more vital means of communication among the AAG membership. While RLG makes a very concerted effort to insure that RLGART-L maintains its currency, the very nature of changing technologies, shifts in institutional affiliations, and personal career moves suggests that RLGART-L may not be reaching the entirety of its intended audience. Therefore the Steering Committee is requesting your assistance as follows. If you are a member of an RLG institution please consult with your local colleagues in the Art or Architecture community and see if they are subscribed to RLGART-L. If you have recently moved to a position in an RLG member institution and have responsibilities in the areas of Art or Architecture, we encourage you to join RLGART-L. Topics discussed include all aspects of access, management, and preservation of art and architectural collections. You must be affiliated with an RLG member institution. To register for RLGART-L, go to: http://www.rlg.org/listreg.html and fill in the form. To see a list of all RLG listservs go to: http://www.rlg.org/listserv.html This is a necessary first-step as we initiate our agenda for the coming year. If you have any questions, please contact me directly. Many thanks for your assistance. Regards, Peter Blank Chair, RLG-AAG Steering Committee -------------------------------------------------------------- Peter P. Blank 102 Cummings Art Bldg. Librarian Stanford, CA 94305-2018 Art & Architecture Library (650) 725-1038 Stanford University fax 650-725-0140 [log in to unmask] --------------------------------------------------------------