I am forwarding this from ExLibris because I know this has come up on
ARLIS-L also.

>>> Peter Graham <[log in to unmask]> 06/09 11:55 AM >>>
The question has come up on ExLibris from time to time about the
availability of desktop library or catalog systems, that is systems
e.g.
for cataloging or managing a personal or small collection.  The May
1999
issue of Library Systems Newsletter (published by ALA) provides
capsule
reports on about a dozen vendors which provide such systems for
Windows
or Macintosh systems.  The reports are about half a page each,
summarize
functional capabilities, do not provide prices, summarize sales
quantities and support capabilities, and provide full contact
addresses.  Systems covered provided multiple functions (that is,
systems providing only a single function weren't covered).  Many
larger
libraries subscribe to this newsletter.    --pg

--
Peter Graham    Syracuse University Library    [log in to unmask]
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010 315/443-2573 fax 315/443-2060 9/98nw4.4