Dear Colleagues,

It is with great regret that I announce my resignation as President of
ARLIS/New England.  My husband has accepted a tenure-track position at
Slippery Rock University therefore we will be relocating to western
Pennsylvania at the end of this month.  It has been my great pleasure to
have gotten to know so many of you, and I have been impressed by the
significant number of talented and committed professionals there are in
this chapter.

In accordance with the chapter by-laws, and in consultation with our
Regional Representative to ARLIS/NA, current Vice President Stephen Nonack
will act as Interim President for the remainder of 1999.  A special
election will be held as soon as possible to elect an Interim Vice
President to replace Stephen. The newly elected Vice
President/President-Elect will serve as the Interim Vice President in
1999, effective immediately, and then continue the normal three year term
of office beginning in January 2000. The Executive Committee has decided
to hold the election for Treasurer (which would have ordinarily been held
in November) at the same time.  The term of office for the Treasurer will
begin January 1, 2000 and continue for two years.

If anyone is interested in running for either Vice
President/President-elect or Treasurer, please notify any member of the
Nominating Committee: Jennifer Hegarty ([log in to unmask];
617.373.4550), Katy Poole ([log in to unmask]; 617.253.9331) or Linda Zieper
([log in to unmask]; 508.999.8526).

All the best to you in the future, and hope to see you in Pittsburgh next
year!

Caron Carnahan, President
ARLIS/New England