Dear colleagues:

I am responding to Susan Clarke's suggestion that the responses to my
inquiry be posted to the list.  All of the replies so far have been
thoughtful and comprehensive.  They will be most helpful.  I am including
my inquiry at the beginning.

At 05:29 PM 5/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
Dear colleagues:

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has participated in the
delivery of digitized images for instructional use.  The President of the
school would like to see us migrate away from slides, and I would like to
be able to provide a comprehensive set of questions to assist in
evaluating our readiness for the idea.  She is in particular recommending
the Amico database.  My preliminary questions are "How many of the Amico
images dovetail with those in standard art and design history texts?  To
what extent are the design arts represented in the database?  What
percentage of the database contains images of architectural interiors?
What are the startup costs for the delivery of the images into the
classroom?  How flexible is the arrangement of the images for
instructional use?"

I am going to pursue a free trial period for evaluation and will also
post this inquiry to the VRA listserv.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

--Paul Glassman, Librarian
  New York School of Interior Design
  170 East 70th Street
  New York, New York  10021
  (212) 472-1500 x216; FAX (212) 472-8175; e-mail:  [log in to unmask]