----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Colleagues, it is with great pleasure that I announce the appointment and arrival of a Librarian IV for the Art & Architecture Collection, at New York Public Library's Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division for Art, Prints and Photographs. Dr. Lucia Chen, formerly Supervising Librarian at the NYPL Branches' Mid-Manhattan Art Department has joined us as of May 10. Lucia has a Ph.D in Art Education from New York University, is a considerable linguist, and reviews books for Library Journal on Chinese and Japanese art. Her expertise is welcomed here where she will be responsible for the daily management of our department, and soon will be involved in major projects. The largest of these looms ahead: we are scheduled to move out of our traditional home here in Room 313 in about a year, to a newly-renovated reading room off the Rose Main Reading Room. This move also entails the physical relocation of the Art & Architecture Collection's entire holdings; so you see Lucia will be kept pretty busy! (As we all will, I'll update ARLIS with more news and specifics when we have them). I very much look forward to introducing Lucia to you all next year in Pittsburgh. Her e-mail is: [log in to unmask] telephones: (212) 930-0799 and 930-0835. Keep the faith. Paula Baxter Curator, Art & Architecture Collection, Room 313