**PLEASE PARDON CROSS-POSTINGS**

To Our Colleagues:

The Amon Carter Museum is scheduled to undergo a
major renovation that will more than triple the size of the galleries to
display the Museum's collection of American art. The library, archives, and
collections
storages areas are also benefitting from expanded spaces, in addition to the
creation of
a paper conservation lab.  As a result, the Museum will close to the public
on
August 1, 1999 and will reopen in the fall of 2001. Further information on
the
building construction is available through the Museum's web site,
www.cartermuseum.org.

In order to accommodate the move to a temporary location, a number of museum
services will be affected:

Registrars:
Reproduction requests: suspended until 9/30/99
Loan requests: suspended until 9/1/99
Art shipments in and out: suspended until 9/1/99

Library:
Outgoing interlibrary loan requests: suspended until 9/1/99
Archival services for external researchers: suspended until 9/13/99
Library access for external researchers: suspended from 6/30/99 until 9/1/99

Education:
Teaching Resource Center services: suspended until 9/13/99
Guided tours: suspended from 7/19-10/18/99
Teacher in-service training programs: suspended until 1/2000

While we regret any inconvenience our closing may cause you and your
institution, we look forward to offering greatly improved services and
facilities when we reopen. We plan to be completely back in business in the
fall of 2001. Updates will be posted on the Museum's web site.

Milan R. Hughston, Librarian
Amon Carter Museum
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX   76107-2695
817/738-1933; 817/738-4066 (fax)
http://www.cartermuseum.org
All opinions are my own and not those of my employer