The Women and the Arts Roundtable will be submitting a proposal for a
session at the ARLIS/NA 2000 meeting in Pittsburgh.

The topic is "Women as Leaders in Art Pottery: Ohio and Beyond".  The 4
speakers will cover the women of leadership at Rookwood Pottery, Ohio (Bill
Gates Ohio Historical Center, Columbus); The women in the East Liverpool
Pottery Industry (Jean Witt, E. Liverpool Historian); the movement of women
leaders in the Pottery Industry to the West (ARLIS/NA member Lyn Korenic);
and the continuing leadership of women in Cleveland as head of the Ohio WPA
project for Art Pottery (Mark Bassett, author).

If there is any group that would like to co-sponsor this Session, please
contact me immediately, so that I can include you in the proposal form.

Thanks,

Susan Nurse
WAART Moderator 2000
Memorial Art Gallery