Dear Colleagues,

I received the following email from a research from Houghton-Mifflin, and
am hoping that some of you in California might be better able to answer
than I.  I'm pretty sure he got my email address off my library's web site
... If you can help, please respond to him at [log in to unmask]
Thanks a million!

The email reads:

To Ms. McCleskey:
Subject:  Houghon Mifflin Discovery Series

We are publishers of educational materials for students from kindergarten
through sixth grade. In our science texts, we open each chapter with a science
career or one that relates to science.
In our California science text, we will be featuring someone who lives in
California and designs water fountains. We are specifically looking for an
African American male architect whose specializes is design or construction
engineering and who designs water fountains.
We are committed to present a multicultural text. In light of the library's
extensive resources on African American architects, we are asking for your
referral of such an architect.
We would be most grateful for any assistance that would help us locate such
an architect. Thanks for your assistance.

Respectfully,
Eoan Russell
Researcher/Science Editor

Sarah E. McCleskey